Anyone can learn to draw. The first step is learning to see like an artist. You will learn this simple technique in Valerie’s Basic Drawing Class.
Valerie’s students begin with the basics and grow to amaze themselves. See wonderful examples of student work in the Gallery.
CLASSES OFFERED INCLUDE:
Private and semi-private classes can be customized to suit your requests and requirements.
Class dates and times are customized to accommodate your requests whenever possible.
Learn to see the way an artist sees and learn the tips, tricks, tools and techniques to take the mystery out of drawing.
This course introduces students to the fundamentals of drawing, including tools and techniques used by accomplished artists. Emphasis is placed on understanding how to see the way artists see. Previous drawing experience is not a prerequisite for this course.
- Discussion on right brain/left brain characteristics
- How to promote right brain connection
- Upside down drawing
- The picture plane
- Basic unit
- Introduce students to the fundamentals of drawing
- Develop students’ confidence in drawing what is seen
- Develop students’ ability to draw realistically